Become A Mentor
Immploy Mentorship programs bring together immigrant talent with volunteer mentors at regional companies.
Opportunities to participate as a mentor include:
- Mentorship Matches – Volunteer mentors are matched with a newcomer in their professional field through a 1:1 match (in person or virtually through video conferencing). These mentors volunteer several hours a month over a 4 month period. Ongoing support is provided to both the mentee and mentor throughout the partnership.
- Group Mentoring Sessions – Organized by industry sector, these sessions bring together approximately 9 mentees and 3 mentors. Mentors can participate in one or more sessions per year and can also connect with other mentors through quarterly exchanges.
- Peer Mentorship Exchanges – Skilled immigrants that have found employment in their field share experiences with job-seeking newcomers through peer mentorship exchanges.
Benefits of Mentorship
- Strengthen leadership and coaching skills.
- Improve inter-cultural awareness.
- Expand communication skills.
- Gain an international perspective on your field or occupation.
- Spot talent for potential recruitment – before your competition.
- Be a professional with at least three years of employment experience in Southwestern Ontario. Newcomers that have recently reconnected with their field are also invited to participate as Peer Mentors at Immploy peer exchanges.
- Be knowledgeable about your industry sector and some of the skills required to gain employment in that sector.
- Be willing to develop an awareness of the challenges newcomers face or willing to share your experiences navigating the Southwestern Ontario labour market as a newcomer professional yourself.
Help to Transform Lives
Become a Mentor today, learn more about these programs or view a list of individuals who need mentors. The Mentorship Program Coordinator will schedule a time to meet with you and provide an orientation into our range of mentorship opportunities.
For further information, please contact us.
Get in touch with us today!