Job Posting: Team Leader – Employment Counselling (Full-Time)
August 11, 2021
Job Posting: Full Time Team Leader – Employment Counselling
Interested in leading a team that helps job seekers identify their career goals and how to get there? Please join us!
Reporting directly to the Client Services Manager, the Team Leader will provide day to day supervisory support to a team of Employment Counsellors, and provide direct service delivery to job seekers to meet their employment objectives. The Employment Counselling Team works with clients individually and / or in group format (in person, virtually, or blended) to provide needs/job-readiness assessment, develop employment action plan, and ongoing support in the journey to employment.
The Team Leader is responsible for providing direction, coaching, motivation and training to team members to achieve best outcomes possible for unemployed and under-employed job seekers, through strategic planning, monitoring, coordination of workflow and resources, establishing process and procedures, evaluation of services, outreach, and collaboration with other teams/projects. Excellent interpersonal skills ensure that communication within and across functional teams is achieved, resulting in optimal client service delivery for both job seekers and employers. The successful candidate will possess superior skills in communication, organization, planning, supervision, coaching, significant knowledge in current labour market trends, counselling best practices and proficient knowledge of technology.
The mission of WIL Employment Connections (WIL) is to drive innovative employment solutions to bring immigrants and employers together. To support this mission, WIL and its partnership projects provide a suite of services and programs in information, referral, assessment, employment counselling and preparation, mentorship, licensure application assistance and facilitation of volunteer work experience placements leading to employment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Team Supervision and Reporting:
- Assist and provide guidance to team members with decision making and problem solving related to client service delivery and achievement of team goals, escalating issues, as required, to the Client Services Manager;
- Work with Client Services Manager and team to achieve outcomes related to the organization’s Strategic Plan and targets;
- Provide performance management for team members including ongoing day-to-day feedback, coaching, probationary and annual performance evaluation, and team recruitment with direct input/support of Client Services Manager. This will include direct responsibility for team and individual professional development plans and goal setting, training to strengthen skills and monitoring against achievement/objectives;
- Monitor the physical and electronic case files of Employment Counsellors to ensure the integrity of data collection and that the correct processes are implemented; and
- Ensure team reporting requirements are met through the collection, preparation and submission of monthly statistical, narrative and progress reports, by deadlines.
Client Service Delivery and Coordination:
- Coordinate and plan the delivery and scheduling of all employment counselling sessions at WIL, overseeing day to day operations, prioritizing service and utilizing resources efficiently;
- Keep up with current labour market trends and employment counselling models to assist clients in determining employment goals, identifying barriers, and creating an employment action plan;
- Coach clients on available tools and resources to enhance their job search and employability, including advocacy and referrals to community programs/services;
- Assist clients to apply for government employment programs, including Second Career, Job Creation Partnership, Apprenticeship etc.
- Case manage job seekers’ employment journeys while motivating and engaging clients for employment success;
- Assist with facilitation of Career and Labour Market information sessions / workshops for adult and youth job seekers, in person or online, as required;
- Support clients in the completion of self-marketing package (resume, cover letter, references, labour market research, online profiles, employment applications, interview preparation ) by reviewing and editing documents, as required;
- Assist with hosting networking events to bring clients and employers together, in collaboration with other teams at WIL and its partnership projects; and
- Update case notes and input clients’ information into database.
- Through collaboration with other Team Leaders, promote inter-team and interpersonal cooperation to strengthen team effectiveness in providing the best possible service and outcomes for all unemployed and underemployed job seekers of the organization;
- Cooperate with other Team Leaders to ensure that client outcomes are achieved with efficiency, based on funder requirements and targets including planning in partnership with other teams providing counselling in licensure and alternative employment;
- Promote and implement initiatives of the organization/projects within and across functional work teams collegially with other Team Leaders, Coordinators and Managers;
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with community partners and participate in outreach events by delivering presentations on the programs and services of WIL and its partnership projects; and
- Create a positive professional environment to support team members and job seekers through open communication.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Counselling, Career Development, or Social Sciences;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a community-based training environment, or related;
- Experience in client service delivery role, preferably in employment service sector;
- Knowledge of immigrant employment journey and integration into labour market;
- Knowledge of the employment and training sector in Southwestern Ontario;
- Knowledge of employment counselling models, current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interview methods, and hiring practices;
- Experience with curriculum development, various delivery methods, both in class and/or online; and
- Knowledge of the principles of adult education, group dynamics, and various learning styles.
Demonstrated Skills and Qualities:
- Proven effective leadership and supervisory experience in a team based environment, including delegation, follow up, monitoring, reviewing, plan development, and reporting;
- Demonstrated team building skills, and ability to work integrate team to achieve collective goals;
- Recognized communication skills including strong writing, editing, and presentation skills;
- Flexible work style with ability to deal with competing priorities and thrive in a changing environment;
- Genuine, empathetic and approachable with the ability to coach team members in resolving interpersonal conflict with colleagues;
- Ability to remain calm and goal focused in stressful situations;
- Results oriented, resourceful, able to take initiative, research and implement solutions;
- Strong technical skills and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, database, and social media platforms;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Ability to deliver services in person and online;
- Ability to obtain a vulnerable sector clearance due to our funder requirements; and
- Common Assessment & Labour Market Information Training considered an asset.
- Salary range of $48,000 to $52,000 for 35 hour work week;
- Passionate and committed co-workers with a meaningful social purpose;
- Health and dental benefits, employee assistance program and pension program with organization contribution;
- Professional development opportunities; and
- Generous paid vacation and sick time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you.
Please forward applications (cover letter and resume) no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, August 30, 2021 to:
Hiring Committee / Full Time Team Leader – Counselling
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference Hiring Committee/Full Time Team Leader – Employment Preparation in subject Line.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
While we appreciate all applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about WIL Employment Connections, please visit our website at www.WIL.ca