Job Posting: Employment Advisor (Full-Time)
December 16, 2021
WIL Employment Connections is looking to add an Employment Advisor to an experienced Employment Preparation team that supports job seekers with the tools and strategies to lead a successful job search. The team and organization specialize in the successful labour market integration of newcomer talent. While the successful candidate will work collaboratively with a team to support all shared objectives, the preferred candidate will be able to foster networking opportunities/events (online and in person) for job seekers, facilitate groups and offer clients timely feedback on job applications and in preparation for interviews.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Proficient technology skills including experience with online learning platforms, online conferencing/meeting platforms, and utilization of social media as a networking and marketing tool
- Experience in career development (an asset)
- Ability to understand current labour market trends, online job search techniques, recruitment process, interviews methods, and hiring practices
- 2-3 years experience in a related role or in customer service
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting material to a group and organizing networking events
- Accurate data entry skills and ability to manage data, analyze information, and create reports
- Ability to multi-task and complete projects with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle conflict and diffuse situations
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to solve problems and think quickly on your feet
- Good time management skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Cross-cultural competency with an ability to interact and work effectively with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Professional demeanor and ability to handle confidential information
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Coach and provide clients with tools to enhance their job search and employability
- Facilitate job search, employment preparation, and career and labour market information sessions for adult job seekers, in person and online
- Support clients with labour market research, resume, interview preparation and online profiles (i.e. LinkedIn)
- Prepare and deliver presentations in the community on the programs and services of the organization
- Respond to clients face to face, through email, and over the phone
- Coordinate and facilitate networking events both online and in person based on health guidelines
- Inform colleagues of networking and social media best practices
- Act as a liaison between the Employment Preparation team and employer focused Sales and Marketing and Immploy Teams in an effort to accelerate employment outcomes for job seekers.
- Work in collaboration with the team on any necessary ITI workshop curriculum/event delivery, updates, and revisions
- Schedule and facilitate 1:1 LinkedIn self-marketing sessions and monitor client feedback
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all services and programs offered by WIL and effectively communicate promote them to clients and potential clients
- Work with teams to build new employer relationships for speaking opportunities, e-networking and mock interviews.
- Report on activities and outcomes as required to Team Lead and Client Services Manager.
- Manage client expectations by providing clear details about the process of the service
- Research trends, best practices, and new employer connection opportunities to offer most relevant best practices and information sessions to clients
- Ensure accurate data entry to allow internal teams to track client journey and adjust services or extra support as needed
- Monitor and respond to client and employer email correspondence
- Case manage client/employer documents, files, and reports
- Awesome co-workers and meaningful goals.
- Health, dental and vision, employee assistance and pension benefits/programs.
- Professional development opportunities.
- $46,000 – $54,000 annually for a 35 hour work week depending on level of experience
- Generous paid sick time and vacation time.
If you would like to work with us, we would love to hear from you. Simply send your resume and cover letter by Monday, January 10, 2022 at 4 p.m. to:
Hiring Committee/Employment Advisor
c/o WIL Employment Connections
141 Dundas Street, 4th Floor
London, ON N6A 1G3
Applicants may also choose to submit application electronically to email@example.com Please reference: Hiring Committee/Employment Advisor in subject Line.
By submitting my job application, I acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment, I will be required to submit proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated status to WIL. In the event that I am unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code or a medical exemption, I must submit appropriate documentation and information, as required.
WIL Employment Connections values diversity in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We strive to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to providing accommodations for person with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to complete this application, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided at all stages of the hiring process.
Please note that although we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the organization is presently hiring for a number of roles due to new funding agreements and growth. All applications will be actively considered against available roles. We encourage you to also directly apply to each role of interest with a customized cover letter and resume.